Wait did I just say Aluminium? It's probably a material you have not considered using before but bear with me while I explain why you should consider this bold, stylish and durable metal if you are looking to update your doors and windows this year.
So why Aluminium and why now? Well unless you have been living under a rock you will know 2016 is all about the copper and metal interior trend and aluminium certainly has it's place in this current trend. With Aluminium being a combination of being light, flexible and very strong, it truly is the perfect material to use for things like aluminium window and sliding doors with the extra bonus of being an environmentally and recyclable resource.
We have PVC french doors in our home and even though we have not been living in this house very long they have required some maintenance, which of course costs money so we have certainly learnt with this type of thing it's far better to install quality frames such as the bespoke made Kingfisher Windows that are going to last a long time in not a lifetime.
Good news is that Aluminium is extremely low maintenance and is made to withstand extreme conditions and even those homes near the seaside as the effect of sodium chloride and rust are so minimal. But what I like most of all is the aesthetic side, it instantly makes any home look sleek and chic no matter what age or style of property, which is why I think the copper and metal trend has been so big as it works just as well in a Victorian Bay fronted property or a New build and everything in-between.
Here are my top 5 reasons why Aluminium is the next big thing for Interiors
1. Long lifespan and highly resistant to rust
2. Eco friendly as Aluminium is 100% recyclable
3. Super light and perfect for window and door frames
4. Suitable for all different styles of home
If you are a little bit nervous of bringing the copper and metal trend into your home why not start small? I have put together little mood board below which should help inspire you as well as show just how versatile aluminium can be.
1. Copper Plated Aluminium Pendant Light from Not on the High Street - £72
2. Alessi Moka Coffee Maker from Coggles - £40
3. White and Copper Wall Clock from Nu Casa - £44.99
4. Bermondsey Aluminium Floor Light from Amara - £165
5. Candle Holder in Copper and Aluminium from Out There Interiors - £53
6. Rose gold hammered aluminium side table from Habitat - £125
7. Philippe Starck swivel chair from Kartel - £414
This is a Associated Post