|(image via Free People)|
So it's that time of the year we reflect on the past and see how we can improve the future. I always think it's important to have realistic goals otherwise you can often set yourself up for failure so I have gone for simple steps to try and make 2014 a happy and stress-less year.
1. Go Vegan - I am a dairy free veggie and I have a passion for healthy vegan food so this seems kinda obvious. The goal is to go vegan for a year, but why not join in with Veganuary and do it for the month of Jan?
2. Go to bed one hour earlier each night - I know that having an extra hour in bed would do my emotional and physical well being wonders.
3. Get organised - moving house has thrown everything up in the air so getting back to being organised is one of my main priorities
4. Drink loads more water - water is the original super food, it does your body wonders and I never get enough.
5. Look on the Positive side - we had a lot of stress last year, on top of a house move, so there is always a positive to a negative I just need to see it more.
So I have of course already embarked on my Vegan journey with a light cleanse - although before this I treated myself to some healthy multi-grain pancakes made from Buckwheat flour, Wheatbran, Oatbran, cut up apple, sunflower seeds and a dash of maple syrup - so good.
For the past three days I have been concentrating on simple and light healthy meals such as salad and brown rice with veg, as well as lots of herbal teas and I can already feel the difference.
|Kale, kidney beans and brown rice bowl|
|A simple green salad with lemon dressing|