While my youngest its still a little small to help with the mixing side of baking he does like to eat the end product! Especially when its made with the help of his older brother. A really fun way to get toddlers excited about baking is the new Bing Baking App where they can roll out the dough and decorate the biscuits to their hearts content. It's really easy to use and if you don't keep an eye on the clock you can burn the biscuits (but still be able to decorate them) much to the delight of the boys.
We decided to make our own super simple Gluten free version of the biscuits for easter. Why gluten free? Well John doesn't eat gluten and the kids love to make things that are suitable for the whole family, the thing is gluten free baking can be a little hit and miss but these are pretty straight forward and taste really good.
Easy Gluten Free Easter Cookies
75g melted coconut oil
170gm Rice flour
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1 large free range egg
Juice from half an orange
1. Preheat over to 190/Gas mark 5
2. Cream coconut oil and sugar together
3. Then add in the flour, mixed spice, egg and orange juice and mix into a stiff dough
4. With gluten free flour it's harder to roll out so just get a ball of dough and use the palm of your hand to flatten it to about 1cm thick.
5. Cut the dough into easter shapes, bunnies, eggs etc.
6. Place on a greased baking tray and bake for around 10mins or until they start to go golden.
7. Wait until cooled and decorate as you please.
If your looking for an alternative to the sugar overload that will come this Easter or your little one is simply Bing mad then do enter my little giveaway to win a interactive walking and talking My Bing Friend Toy worth £44.99 and a copy of Bing Storytime DVD worth £5.99 and has 10 Bing episodes.
It's super simple to enter below and just share which is your favourite Bing Character. The giveaway ends on the 30th April 2017 and is open to UK residents only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway