I thought I would share easy, simple and cost efficient ways to bring that luxury feel into your home when you don't have a massive budget. Here are my top 5
1. Declutter - edit your living, bedroom and bathroom spaces and by streamlining and making full use of any storage space you have will instantly make you feel more relaxed and make the room look more spacious. Go with a white or a more neutral palate to create a crisp luxurious feel that you get in a hotel.
2. White linen - this is possibly the easiest way to give your room that instant luxury weekend away feel with very little work. Also opting for light and bright linen will make your bedroom look cleaner, brighter and renewed. If you really want to throw the boat out why not upgrade to a quality hotel duvet because is there anything better than wrapping yourself up in a new and super soft duvet. You don't have to have everything white either, you can add a spot of colour with a throw or wall art. Personally I opt for high quality synthetic fibre filled bedding but if you are going to invest in duck feather featherbed than make sure you go with a company that has animal well fare at it's heart and the down is a by product, this is easy to do and won't cost you anymore.
3. Pillows - so having discussed the duvets and linen what about Pillows which are equally as important and can have a real impact on your quality of sleep. I find after a while our pillows become somewhat lack lustre and loose their shape and flatten out so it is something that does need be replaced and investing in a luxury pillows will bring you comfort and well being during the night.
3. Bathroom towels - again soft and fluffy white and texture towels will instantly remind you of a night away. Also by recycling any old worn out towels and mis-matched prints and scaling down to a few that work well together you can minimalism a little bit of clutter in your bathroom and make way for a more stylish relaxing start to the day. Also why not treat yourself to a few at-home spa products so at the end of a long day you can sit and relax in a bath with some essential oils.
4. Start the day right - one of my favourite thing about staying in the hotel is the breakfast, in fact it's my favourite meal of the day yet it's often overlooked and when people are rushing around it's the one things that seems be compromised. As they say it's the most important meal so take time to enjoy it with family. If you love coffee why not invest in a Cafeteria and pick up your favourite granola and some fresh fruit and a daily treat.
5. Fresh Flowers - now I know may of us are not Elton John and cannot afford an array of fresh cut flowers in our house but picking up a small bouquet every now and then or even some Daffodils (which cost around £1 a bunch) is an instant pick me up for any room and adds that touch of weekend feel
These are 5 fairly easy and cost efficient way to recapture that hotel feel at home. You don't need to do anything major, juts a little streamlining and minimalism and investing in decent bedding and linen as well as some morning self care.