I feel like 2017 is going to be a year dedicated to simplifying my life, to going back to basics of less is more and quality over quantity as well as a more ethical approach to purchases and how we decided to live as a family unit.
Like most I love fashion but I want to get rid of the clutter in my wardrobe, I have way to many pieces of clothing that I simply don't wear and as with most people my style has changed and developed over the years and is nearly at a point I feel happy with my style choices. Saying that in the coming year I aim to streamline my closet and create a real "go-to" capsule wardrobe full of my favourite things that all work well together and will provide me with 7 fail safe outfits for the week.
|Pairing up my Fred Perry Winter jumper with a White Company Shirt. Image by Sarahlou|
I love the small details, little pops of colour or subtle prints that add that something special to an outfit, also with kids running around I like things that are well made, comfortable, practical but also stylish and with such fantastic sales on at the moment now is the time to have a clear out of anything that has seen better days and invest in a few key items for the New Year. I myself like most is on a budget so I often use Love the Sales which has a fantastic collection of hundreds of my favourite brands sharing all the best in the sales and I thought I would put together a few of my favourites below.
1. Mint Velvet Double Faced Organic Cardigan was £99 now £69
2. Dr Denim Organic Denim Skirt was £49 now £32.49
3. Joules Belsize Bright Tote Bag was £59.95 now £24.95
4. Fair+True Fairtrade long pocket tee £ 35
5. Nudie Jeans organic skinny lip denim jeans was £115 now £58
6. White Company Suede Chelsea boots was £169 now £84.50
7. White Company Poole Watch was £125 now £75
8. Dorothy Perkins Perkins Mini skirt was £28.99 now £23.19
I think investing in classic and iconic pieces such as Chelsea boots, denim jeans and a large tote bag you can never go wrong as you can add to and accessories these and dress the up or down making them vert versatile choices.