My one favourite things about the changing of the seasons is putting together a go-to capsule wardrobe that allows me to mix and match a few different key items to create simple but stylish outfits. This time last year I could be excused for not being on top of things as my main priority was trying to get some sleep in-between feeding and changing a 2month old baby but a year on and I attempting to be more organised as when I dress well I feel good.
I have also realised that I am in real need of some new clothes - I went on a spending ban when I found out I was pregnant with my second child so it's been a good two years since I have done a proper overhaul and I am loving all the soft a delicate castle tones in store at the moment and Coast capture that light and carefree style perfectly.
So what are the key things you need this season to nail your spring summer look?
1. Keep your essentials neutral and build on top of that, don't clash prints and keep things subtle while adding pops of colour in the form of accessories
2. Soft floral prints, gold, pink and copper are all in and adding a few key pieces into your wardrobe will make sure your on trend this season.
3. Accessorise but don't go overboard - Spring is all about simplicity so invest in a few practical but stylish items that work well with many different looks, such as sunglasses, clutch bag and statement necklace.
4. Quality over quantity - if your thinking off adding a few new pieces to your wardrobe this spring always go in with the mindset of less is more as investing in well made quality pieces will see you through the whole season and hopefully more. Try and pick up pieces that work with a variety of outfits and can be taken through into summer.
5. Be comfortable be confident - the real key to looking good is feeling confident and happy with what you are wearing - it really does make a huge difference so make sure to dress for yourself and not others and you will be sure to rock it this spring.
So I have put together a little moodboard capsule collection that I think sums up this seasons trends, lots of light pastel tones with a touch of gold and pink. My favourite piece has to be the Ciarra dress from Coast and the Quay Marble sunglasses.
2. Chevron necklace in Brass from People Tree - £35
3. Levitt Lace Trousers from Coast - £79
4. Puma Carson trainers from Very.co.uk - £47
5. Malva Knot front top from Coast - £49
6. Gigi Clutch bag from Coast - £35
7. Quay Australia Sugar and Spice sunglasses - £45
This is a supported post