Like most I had my fair amount of treats, chocolates and glasses of wine over the Christmas period and I think again like most I could do with a break from all of that but as I get older I realise that drastic changes to my lifestyle is simply not doable as it not only affects myself but my family so as a rule of thumb we keep to an active lifestyle all year round as well as aim for a well balanced diet as I cook all our meals everyday anyway. I do however feel there is always room for improvement in every home, always space to make positive changes, although smaller more doable changes that we can achieve as a family.
Here are what I plan to work on this year
1. Get more sleep - this is a huge must for me especially as the baby wakes at least twice during the night and personally I find if I am tired that I don't always deal with difficult situations as well as I would normal or my stress levels are affected so my main goal this year is to go to bed atleast 30mins earlier than what I normally do now.
2. Drink more water - water is the best skincare treatment and is the key to longevity and youthful looks and we should all be drinking more. I am trying to up my daily intake by atleast 1-2 glasses a day - this is such a simple goal but will have a real positive impact.
3. Eat Nourishing foods - I am going to concentrate less on if something is gluten free, dairy-free, low fat etc and more about nutrients and the benefits certain foods will have on our diet. I certainly like most want to cut out as much processed foods from our diet as well as cut our sugar intake but I don't want to become too controlling about the situation and rather eat in a more meaningful way.
4. Be kind to myself - sometimes like most parents I find I can be too hard on myself, no one is perfect and you will only set yourself up for failure if you try. I am finding gratitude in daily things and I am going to work on being kind, positive and encouraging in my own abilities.
5. Let things go - I know sometimes I get stressed when things do go as I envisaged, especially if a lot of planning has gone into it, for example when a family hike doesn't go to plan or you get let down at the last minute. This year I want to focus more on letting things go, living in the moment and accepting any situation we may find ourselves in.
Basically this year as a family we have made the commitment to see the world as a glass half full, to laugh and smile a lot and be so ever grateful for everything we have. What are your resolutions this year?