The only thing that makes the end of summer bearable is Autumn in all it's cosy country fashion. It's such a visually inspiring month with the leaves changing to beautiful hues of red, brown and orange as well as the fact you can start layering your clothes and justifying 3 cups of hot chocolate in one day. Just like with spring I feel the need to clean, make a few changes to the home and get involved with more crafts. I have made a little list of things I want to do this month especially as it also feels like the calm before the storm that is Christmas, Autumn is truly a time to soak up the smaller quieter moments while still enjoying the last few days of fairly mild weather before plummeting into those ice winter temperatures and being a southern hemisphere expat I will never get used to the biting festive season. So here are a few things we are planning to get up to this Autumn
|We love Autumn and! Image from Pinterest|
1. Finish decorating all the bedrooms, making them a place you want to lay your head at the end of the day and cuddle under the duvet on cold mornings.
2. Makes soup, lots of soup - yes the season of soup making has arrived and I am truly a fan...bring on the big chunky veg.
3. Sort out my wardrobe - time to bring out the jackets, jumpers and scarfs. I also want to pick up a few keys pieces and introduce more autumnal shades.
4. Makes some wild art with Mr A - we have so many outdoor adventures planned and this is the perfect time of the year to get creative with some leaf rubbing and natural collaging.
5. Collect and play conkers - such a simple pleasure but you cannot celebrate autumn without a few conkers around the house.
7. Enjoy lots of Autumn walks and hikes, explore new places.
What do you have planned for Autumn and what is your favourite season? I have also made a new Autumn inspired Pinterest board come and check it out