I've been getting to grips with my new Le Creuset pot from House of Fraser, this classic french casserole pot is amazing, beautifully made and looks very stylish in any kitchen and I honestly don't think there is anything better than veggies slow cooked in one of these and there is something very comforting and rustic about it.
I have been craving spinach lately so when I came across a hotpot recipe in Waitress Harvest book I thought i'd do an inspired version of it and it came out better than I thought and was hit with all the family. It's so simple yet tasty and full of goodness plus protein from the chickpeas.
2 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, sliced
1 1/2 tsp ras el hanout spice blend
400g Chickpeas drained and rinsed
100g fresh baby spinach
500g charlotte potatoes, scrubbed and sliced
1 vegetable stockcube in 300ml water
1. Preheat oven to 180c or gas mark 4
2. Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the onions until soft.
3. Put 2/3 of the potatoes into the pot plus all the other ingredients, including the spices and mix together
4. Scatter the remaining potatoes on top and brush with butter
5. Bake in the oven for about 1 hour until the potatoes are golden and crisp.
6. Serve up and top with some feta cheese
Really easy and simple