|Cardiff Millennium Centre|
Something very exciting is afoot an if you are anything like me and love board games then hearing about the new Global Here and Now Monopoly board being developed is great news. What is even better is you can vote for various cities to have a chance at being including on the board and I am over the moon to have been asked to represent Cardiff on the blogger front of things and with so many reasons to see this small but perfectly formed Welsh city on the global map this is a real honour.
|Beautiful Cardiff Bay|
So why should you vote for Cardiff? Well many many reasons
1. Well it may not be the biggest city but the people are very welcoming, love to have a laugh and are a very generous folk.
2. There is a great combination of urban lifestyle with all the Cafes and boutiques paired with the green outdoor spaces such as Bute park right in the heart of the city.
3. We have Castles! Cardiff Castle is right in the centre of town as well as one of our favourites 15 minutes out - Castel Coch, plus a few more dotted around here and there. This adds to culture and history of the city and is another reason why it's such a special place.
|Enjoying Castle Coch|
4. If your into food your in for a treat as over the past few years there has been a real food revolution in Cardiff and visitors are really spoilt for choice. From drinking elderflower cocktails in Milgi Bar yurt to afternoon teas in Pettigrew and locally sourced slow cook delights in the potted pig there is something for everyone. Cardiff of course also has some top notch Coffee joints serving up Artisan brews as well as micro breweries making sure we stay ahead of the craft beer game. There is also numerous farmers markets, street fairs and food festivals happening throughout the year.
|Cream Tea at Pettigrew Tea Rooms|
5. Art and Culture - there are so many talented home-grown artists and creatives in Cardiff and with hubs such as The Cardiff Fashion Quarter where you can find unique handmade gifts alongside vintage clothing as well as the beautiful Arcades housing independent stores we take supporting local pretty seriously.
|Cardiff Fashion Quarter|
On top of all of that Cardiff is also a very family friendly city with tons to do from exploring Cardiff Bay, The Doctor Who exhibition, Techniquest to the Natural Museum and Art Galleries. There are so many positive things going for it, it would be amazing to get onto the Global Monopoly Here and Now boardgame and I really encourage you to take a minute to vote for the small but wonderful Welsh Capital, Cardiff at VoteMONOPOLY.com voting closes on the 4th March