At the beginning of the month we spent 2 nights glamping on the Welsh coast, while enjoying amazing stories at Beyond the Border International Story-Telling festival. We normally camp at festivals but since it was Johns birthday weekend we decided to treat ourselves to a more "luxury" experience of glamping in a lovely Bell tent with Cariad Canvas. Mr A loves nothing more than camping, seriously if he could he would live in a tent, we thought maybe he would be a little put out he didn't get to put up the tent which he has become rather good at but he was instantly taken by the bell tent, bunting and lovely interior.
1. No setup or take down time
2. Packing less and in turn carrying less from the car to the campsite - major bonus
3. The tents are usually located on nice even pitches
4. Spacious interior with a small table, pillows and rug
1. The extra cost. Camping is usually included in the cost of a festival ticket - but if you do want less stress than this could be worth the money
2. Our Airbed kept going down all the time which meant we actually didn't sleep as well as we normally do in our own tent - note to self take our own airbed with next time
Thanks to Cariad Canvas who provided us with a discount for this review