So it's officially summer, words which makes us very happy. We are very much an outdoor type of family and intend to make the most of the good weather but this does not mean that we are completely going to throw caution to the wind in terms of skincare especially when it comes to Mr A who has fairly sensitive skin. I personally don't like putting unnecessary chemicals on his skin so I was really happy to hear about Organic Children Sun Lotion made by the lovely Green People. Of course though the product still needed to work, which I can say from our experience it does and in fact I use it as well now as it's non-greasy but moisturising and has no hidden nasties in it.
I wanted to share some tips about keeping safe in the sun
1. For one the sun is good for us - it provides us with a natural release of Vitamin D which is what our body needs to absorb Calcium. It's also proven to make us feel happier, so do get out when you can but children (and Adults) really do need to have suncream on, plus a summer hat is a must as it projects their face and neck.
2. Take frequent breaks from the sun during the hottest part of the day by moving into the shade every now and then.
3. Put suncream on were you don't expect like the top of your ears, the parting in your hair and the tops of your feet
4. Don't forget your sunglasses as your eyes also need protection from UV rays ( plus the look pretty good too)
5. Stay Hydrated - it's really important to keep drinking water to replace the water loss through sweating, this is particularly important with young children.
|Mr A rocking the shades|
Great news, Green People have been kind enough to provide me with a mini "sun care set" for children to giveaway including the Scent Free Sun Lotion and After Sun worth over £27, it's super easy to enter and the giveaway ends on the 7th July
a Rafflecopter giveaway