With everyone's eye on Glastonbury the past weekend, who was wearing what, chic outfit inspirations, festival fashion galore and with the festival season in full swing our wardrobe is very much in need of a bohemian overhaul. What we often fail to forget though is it's really not all about the clothes, in fact you can probably work with what you have to nail this seasons festival look, as long as you have the right accessories you can dress up any plain tee and denim shorts to capture that summer of love style. Here are some easy tips to follow to create that festival style on a budget and in the process add some new pieces to your accessories collection.
- Bangle bangles and more bangles – if you look back at Janis Joplin at Woodstock you will see her arms adorned with various wooden bangles and bracelets. The best thing is the more mis-matched they are the better and you can often buy a bulk pack of bracelets for a very reasonable price and when you are at a festival you don't really want to be wearing anything too expensive in case you loose it. Try picking some up at a flea market or thrift store of here is a few from Seasonsonline.co.uk
- Big rings – maybe something with a jewel or gemstone, think indian, you want to channel the 1970's on the road bohemian, nothing too shiny but instead something that looks a bit worn or a more matted kind of metal or even perhaps something natural like wood or coconut.
- Statement necklace - perhaps with a tribal theme, which is very big this year. You can also layer necklaces of different lengths together, although don't go too over the top otherwise you will be carrying a lot of extra weight around your neck. Feathered necklaces are always a good choice.
- Don't forget the earrings. Feathers, dream catcher and the Native American indian look is very in this year and is a great way to add an extra dimension to your outfit.
- Scarfs – if you rather opt for a scarf than a necklace, than go for an ethnic printed scarf to channel that festival feeling. It's a great way to add some colour to an otherwise boring outfit.
Of course you don't need to dress yourself up in al of these accessories, you don't want to look like a christmas tree take some though when deciding what you are going to wear and create some cohesion with your pieces, but all of these things look great thrown on top of a white tee and some denim. Other accessories you could also add is ankle bracelets – the friendship kind are always cute, as well as straw hats, flower garlands or a bandana. All the accessories shown can be found on Seasons Online, a great store selling very reasonable jewellery and more...
This is a supported post
This is a supported post